Interesting ways you can conserve water!!
Although water covers the major part of the Earth's surface, only about 1% of it is freshwater suitable for drinking and domestic consumption. The majority of the remaining water is salt water or is frozen in the polar ice caps and glaciers. This also means that conserving freshwater is critical, and with most households worldwide using an average of 300 gallons per day, there is plenty of room for improvement. Even minor changes, such as replacing dripping faucets, taking shorter showers, or turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, can make a significant difference in your water usage, and with water bills rising at an alarming rate, particularly in the gulf areas, conserving water can also help you save money.
WAYS YOU ARE WASTING WATER
In a typical household, it is possible to waste a significant quantity of water each day due to aging fixtures, inefficient appliances, poor plumbing, and old habits. A toilet with a defective flapper valve, for example, can waste tons of water every hour as it runs and refills the tank regularly. Here are ten ways you can be squandering water without realizing it:
1) Dumping junk in your toilet. Toilets are the major source of water use in your home, accounting for over a third of total indoor use. You burn five to seven liters of water every time you flush a facial tissue or feminine product. It's also harmful to your pipes and drains to flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper!
2) Enjoying longer baths and showers. Consider the following scenario: The average human shower uses 17.2 gallons of water and lasts up to 8 minutes, which is a significant amount of water.
3) Standard showerheads. Switching to a low-flow showerhead, which consumes roughly 2 gallons of water per minute, is a good idea.
4) Leaking Pipes. According to a study, the average resident may leak over 10,000 gallons of water every year. It's critical to keep an eye out for leaks around your toilet, faucets, hose bibbs, and any other frequently used plumbing device. Repair or replace leaking water pipes as quickly as possible, and monitor your monthly water account for concealed leaks.
5) Half- filled Laundry. Make sure every load of laundry you do is fairly full. This will be more cost-effective in the long run.
6) Half-loaded dishwasher. Before you start the dishwasher, make sure it's full. If a "normal" cycle isn't required, you should consider running it on a "light" cycle.
7) Tap on while doing dishes. Fill your sink with soap and water instead, and soak the dishes. Go ahead and wash them off after a few minutes.
9) Overwater your Lawn. Since the air is cooler and water evaporates more slowly in the morning (5-10 a.m.) during the summer, it's best to water your lawn first thing in the morning (5-10 a.m.). Furthermore, only watering twice a week is necessary... MAX!
10) Keep your tap off while brushing. Simply remind yourself to turn off the water while brushing your teeth if you have a habit of doing so. There is no reason for the water to be running if you think about it.
Start conserving water right away - contact Edge Plumbing for assistance with plumbing repairs, fixture replacements, water conservation, and more! We provide plumbing services all over Dubai. Our company provides courteous service, high-quality workmanship, and experienced, professional plumbers who are available seven days a week to assist you with all of your plumbing issues.
Do you have pipe leaks or plumbing issues that are causing your water bill to rise? To schedule Plumbing services in the Dubai area, call Edge at 800-3487 or visit us online today!